[Dshield] Safe computer use

Chris Hindy chindy at grocerygateway.com
Wed Mar 19 19:11:41 GMT 2003

Try this:

http://www.cert.org/homeusers/HomeComputerSecurity/

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Marsh [mailto:pmarsh at nmefdn.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 1:33 PM
To: 'Dshield (E-mail)
Subject: [Dshield] Safe computer use

	I'm looking for a some what detailed but still very basic white
paper that I can distribute to my users about safe home computer use.  We
just had a seminar on identity theft and the staff would like to know how to
protect there computers at home.  I could sit down and write one out talking
about all the basics Firewalls, AV, cookies, password and all the rest but
I'm sure there is something out there that will do a better job than I could
do.  Does SAN's have anything like this or does anyone know where I can find
some documentation geared towards the home user?

Thanx, Paul