[Dshield] Safe computer use

White, Robert W WhiteRW at state.gov
Wed Mar 19 19:06:08 GMT 2003

I would think that one would also want to have a strong focus on risk
avoidance as well. I'm always reminded of my grandfather who would go to the
store and leave the keys in the truck, (because 40 years ago NO ONE stole
out in the country) today NO ONE should leave their keys in the car even in
the country.. 10 seconds of effort to save $20K plus of car... Same applies
to the value (time - effort to replace) of the information on a home
computer not to mention the risk to one's credit rating or the effort to
repair it should a hacker acquire pertinent privacy information which as we
all know can be acquired in less than a minute.. thoughts,  Bob