[Dshield] User Account Locked.

Pablo Vittori pablo at desarrollosdelsur.com.ar
Tue Mar 25 18:32:43 GMT 2003

We are an IT Consulting Firm in Argentina, since 2 or 3 weeks ago we are
experiencing an increment of the attempts to attack the networks in our
customers.
Today 2 of them, one with 15 users and other with more than 120 user,
are having the same issue, all the account of the domain of Windows NT 4
have been locked. When our technician correct the account and unlock, 10
or 15 minutes later the problem is again. After several resets and test
the problem disapear but we don't know how to correct this or the origin
of the problem.
In this two cases we are also using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5.
Anyone hear something about a backdoor or bug over this configuration
and this effects.
We update daily with all the service packs and patches.

Thanks.

Pablo Vittori
Desarrollos del Sur - Argentina