[Dshield] User Account Locked.

Danny danny at eboundary.com
Tue Mar 25 21:18:11 GMT 2003

Are you/they blocking NetBIOS at your border either with a firewall or
router ACL's?

If you are allowing NetBIOS to hit your domain controllers then chances
are the domains your seeing this problem with are in the process of
being brute forced. Basically the attacker grabs a list of all the users
in your domain and starts hammering away at passwords until they get the
account password.

Cheers
Danny
Network Security Engineer