[Dshield] WebDAV Web Log Signature

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:58:07 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 00:35, Fernando {mumble} wrote:

> I've been following this thread on and off the last few days and wonder
> why no-one has mentioned installing Microsoft's URLSCAN dll for the IIS
> servers.

The discussion here is about monitoring vulnerability scanning traffic,
not securing vulnerable systems. I'm pretty sure the discussions about
securing vulnerable servers (e.g. the official Microsoft announcement)
include a discussion of URLscan.

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ                           <johnh at aproposretail.com>
  Failure to plan ahead on someone else's part does not constitute an