[Dshield] OT:Viruses in Cell Phones?

Dave Goodrich dave at pixelhammer.com
Fri Mar 28 03:45:36 GMT 2003

The current news,

After speaking with AT&T again, this time advising them that a large number
of system admins were listening, the story changed.

We have been told that the problem is a physical one, a manufacturing
defect. They are a ware of it, the dealer should have been aware of it,
and the phone should be replaced.

So back to the mall. It will be interesting to see what the response is
now that AT&T claims the dealer should replace the phone.

DAve

PS I appologise for the delay but I am relaying this information as I get
it. The owner of the phone prefers to not draw attention to their
employer should this prove to be a virus. Their employer is not involved
in the telecommunications industry.

--
In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain