[Dshield] Use a firewall.....

Rick Leske rick at jaray.net
Sat Mar 29 14:28:15 GMT 2003

It would first appear, to me anyway, that they are trying to prohibit the
use of proxy servers.  In the US I'm sure they are just looking for more
ways to make a nickel off of someone else's dime.  (sales taxes for state,
import, and export).  The US thrives at taxing the hell out companies -
another reason why a lot of businesses have elected to co-lo servers to
other countries.

After all if a moronic law like this gets passed it could never be enforced.
The US has so many bogus laws (ones that look pretty on paper) right now
that they can't even enforce.. like the use of cell phones while operating a
motor vehicle.  If they truly want reform of some sort then the US
government needs to start holding ISP's financially liable for what ever
infractions.  IMHO the IANA needs to be disbanded or at least controlled by
the unbiased rule of at least 1 member from each country.

Being a small ISP/ASP we have wasted thousands of dollars trying to control
UCE/SPAM/PORN.  It's all the same here in our little part of the world.  No
one likes this type of material.  Our state has laws against it 'never will
enforce the law' but none the less it looks pretty on paper..

~Rick