[Dshield] Virus problem

attechni attechni at attechnical.com
Wed Nov 19 11:52:03 GMT 2003

Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:14:48 -0500
From: "Dhield Contributor" dshiled at pfunkjr.dissimulo.com
Subject: RE: [Dshield] Got a Linux Box running finally The little
        Dutch boy       withfinger in dam Virus problem tho
To: "'General DShield Discussion List'" list at dshield.org

Did you report the address to Spam Cop?

You can join Spam Cop by going to their home page and registering.

http://www.spamcop.net/anonsignup.shtml

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I checked Spam Cop out. Correct me if am wrong. But it
does'nt look like they deal with virili. I tried doing back traces on the
addie. And it leads to some french telco kinda thing. Did a google search on
that. And it looks like alot of people have had trouble with them.
I even tried asking MSN for help,as I also have a MSN account. But did'nt get
a reply. And tried abuse at wanadoo no reply. I am getting about 3 of these a
day and My clam antivirus says they are infected with Worm.Gibe.F . From what
I can tell this does'nt affect Linux but I had a hard time finding linux
specific info on it on line. I am preety good at finding junk in the Windows
registry.But a newbie when it comes to Linux.  If you can think of anything
else that I can do please let me know. I would like to see the plug pulled on
whoever is sending this junk.  Thanks T