[Dshield] Economic statistics

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Wed Oct 1 11:12:29 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 23:46, JHolmblad at aol.com wrote:
> Alan,
>
> at the Wall Street Journal www site there is there is a PDF  of a one page
> document called "IT Security: A Report Card".  This document is associated with
> a supplement that was issued in their print edition yesterday on the subject
> of security (including INFOSEC). Here is the link to the www page at the WSJ
> online site that in turn references the aforesaid PDF.
>

> http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB106433038213224100,00.html?mod=sr%2Dworksec%2D2003%5F2
>
> For what it is worth, in my opinion, the WSJ has the best and most accurate
> business reporting of any publication in open circulation so I would expect
> that the reporters who prepared this section "kicked the tires" on the data that
> they received from IDC fairly well.
>
> If you don't subscribe to the online version of the WSJ then let me know and
> I will check the digital rights restrictions on the document to see if it is
> okay to copy it to you. Their source for the economic loss estimates are the
> Computer Security Institute which may have the info freely available.

John, could you do that for me? If you wish to send me something
out-of-list, that will be fine. Also, do you have a URL for the Computer
Security Institute? (I suppose I _could_ Google for it, but you seem to
be a little familiar with it already, so I thought I might ask).

Thanks a heap!

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.