[Dshield] Port 554/tcp

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Wed Oct 1 14:04:52 GMT 2003

Today is Monday, right? At least is seems so here. The data circuit over which route outgoing traffic (except mail) is down, and since I cannot access the web, I may be asking some stupid questions here, so please forgive me in advance.

We have seen a sudden rise this morning in 554/tcp traffic. Has anyone else?

One of our Linux boxes claims in the default /etc/services file that 554 is "Real Time Stream Control Protocol"... what is that?

Any ideas with what application or exploit these probes may be associated?

Thanks!

Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer
A.S.E.T., Inc.