[Dshield] PORT 22321

Mike Wisener mwisener at lurhq.com
Wed Oct 1 14:16:34 GMT 2003

Hi,

The graph seems to be a big misleading. If you look at the actual numbers in
the data you see that on 9-11 there were 18368 sources, and 6 targets. If a
firewall is configured for default allow outbound, then the file sharing
application communicates successfully to the many remote peers. When the
remote peers try to respond, they get dropped at the firewall. Therefore you
have lots of sources to only a few destinations. All these records are
submitted to dshield and you see a spike in the graph.

Also if you look up port 7674, you see a similar increase on 9-11.

Regards,

- Mike

--
Mike Wisener, GCIA