[Dshield] [OT] Naughty File Detector

Carl Inglis wyrdrune at yoshiwara.org.uk
Thu Oct 2 11:44:20 GMT 2003

I'm going to be starting a new job in the near future, and one of the
things which I'm going to be responsible for is the security policy. I
want to ban P2P programs, but from what I understand of the protocols they
are capable of port-hopping, and can even land on port 80.

I'm looking for a program which I can use to scan remote hard drives
looking for the executables. Perhaps using an MD5 checksum to identify the
files? (Since people can change the file names).

I've found Browse Control from CodeWork, and that looks quite interesting,
but I'd appreciate the thoughts of others.

Thanks,

Carl