[Dshield] Whois info for .gov domain

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Thu Oct 2 15:22:41 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 10:00, Keith Bergen wrote:
> Is there a way to look up the whois information for the .gov
> domain? I checked the whois server whois.nic.gov, but it only
> tells you if the domain is active or not. It does not provide
> the technical or administrative contacts. I am looking for
> somebody to send a SPAM complaint from a .gov address.

I haven't had luck checking the whois on .gov, either.

Does the domain in question have a web site? Perhaps the old-fashioned
method of communicating with the webmaster of the site will lead you to
an appropriate party.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.