[Dshield] Message posting formatting request

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:57:07 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 00:17, Neil Richardson wrote:
> At 10:15 AM 10/1/2003, you wrote:
>  >On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 05:01, Alan Frayer wrote:
>  >
>  >> I just finished a lengthy debate on top posting vs bottom posting,

>  >This is a decades-old issue.
>
> My apologies if it seemed like I was trying to restart the Holy Wars
> Of Quoting, that wasn't my intent.

My apologies likewise if it seemed I was flaming anyone. That was not my
intent.

Rather, I hoped to provide people without a long (e.g. starting in the
mid-80s) history of Internet usage (many of our lurkers {waves}) a
pointer that this isn't a recent phenom, and that there has been some
thought put into the recommendations, and there are good reasons why
mindlessly dashing off a quick reply at the top of a long post can be
rude, even if the reply itself isn't explicitly rude.

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ
  There is no problem that cannot be solved by the appropriate