[Dshield] nslookup on win2k and scripting

Richard Roy RoyR at justicetrax.com
Thu Oct 2 18:11:32 GMT 2003

FOR /L /F %%1 IN (filename) DO ping -a -n 2 %%1 >c:\output.text

Something like that.  Look up the for command, you will need to change
the delimiter from the default (comma I believe) to the whitespace or
take your text file and do a find&replace of whitepace to the default
delimeter for the "FOR" command.

The output won't be pretty.  I have one similar that pings an internal
band of IP's and checks to see if they are resolving.

FOR /L %%1 IN (1,1,99) DO ping -a -n 2 192.168.0.%%1   as an example.

I'm sure the 'nix guys can come up with a prettier solution, but you
didn't ask for pretty! ;-)

HTH

Rich