[Dshield] nslookup on win2k and scripting

Dean_Larson@May-Co.com Dean_Larson at May-Co.com
Thu Oct 2 19:15:49 GMT 2003

i did it like this.

nslookup < test.txt > test1.txt

test.txt looks like this

www.ibm.com
www.intel.com
www.bigfoot.com

                      "Gearry Judkins"
                      <Gearry_Judkins at mtvalleyhs.sad43        To:       General DShield Discussion List <list at dshield.org>
                      .k12.me.us>                             cc:
                      Sent by:                                Subject:  [Dshield] nslookup on win2k and scripting
                      list-bounces at dshield.org

                      10/02/2003 12:21 PM
                      Please respond to General
                      DShield Discussion List

I am looking for a way, on win2k, to take a file with space seperated IP
addresses, resolve all of them, and output the domain name and IP
addresses to a file.  I have cygwin available if it would be easier to do
it there.  I had a suggestion to script hosts under linux but I can not
see that hosts is available under cygwin.  This is a temporary solution
until I get my day to day operations moved over to my linux box, but I am
willing to put some work into doing this under windows or cygwin just for
the benefit of learning.  Pointers to docs or HOWTOs for the relevent
tools are appreciated.

Gearry