[Dshield] firewall help request

john beck jbeck80 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:08:09 GMT 2003

If you are looking for an "appliance firewall"  it will matter whether for
home or corp use.  I assume this is corp use, but if you consider sonicwall,
they offer all levels from home user to corp and they all do SPI (stateful
packet inspection) configuration is web based and pretty intuitive.  Also if
it is for corp, you might check out the new symantec sgs5400 series that you
can opt for the anomaly based IDS/IPS that can be run from the firewall box.
  For home I remember the linksys doing SPI also.
John