[Dshield] Whois info for .gov domain

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Thu Oct 2 22:25:57 GMT 2003

Actually, no. It wasn't spoofed. It actually referenced a .gov domain web
site that I was to take a survey at. I looked at the source code of the html
that made up the email, and it specifically referenced that domain, and not
using any tricks like http://blablabla.gov@##.###.###.###/. The headers
showed that it came from the same domain. It was real weird. I actually ran
it by another friend of mine ... Just to be doubly sure.

Anyhow, I emailed abuse@, webmaster@, the admin contact for an associated
.com that was referenced, and Network solutions (the tech contact for the
referenced .com). The only one that didn't bounce was Network Solutions, and
they flat-out said that they couldn't do anything.

That left me with the question ... Who do you complain to?

Keith.