[Dshield] Whois info for .gov domain

Richard Ginski rginski at co.pinellas.fl.us
Fri Oct 3 12:28:11 GMT 2003

You may also want to be aware that ".gov" domains are not given to just
the federal level anymore. State and local governments now can also
register ".gov" domains. Have you tried the administrator of the ".gov"
domain? ( registrar at dotgov.gov )

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 18:25, Keith Bergen wrote:
> Anyhow, I emailed abuse@, webmaster@, the admin contact for an
associated
> .com that was referenced, and Network solutions (the tech contact for
the
> referenced .com). The only one that didn't bounce was Network
Solutions, and
> they flat-out said that they couldn't do anything.
>
> That left me with the question ... Who do you complain to?

The General Accounting Office. They are the ones who audit the
government, and would be most interested in abuses by the government.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.