[Dshield] Verisign fighting back at ICANN

Stefan Schueller stefan at techdroid.com
Sun Oct 5 19:10:32 GMT 2003

The domains isn't the only place where Verisign "screws" people. Look at the
SSL prices and their payment gateway is over priced as well.

I was a customer of Signio which owned payflow pro for processing credit
cards then Verisign took over and doubled the monthly fees. It would be ok
if I did a lot of credit card transactions but I don't. Sure I could move
but I would have to redo most of my online scripts to use another payment
processing system.

At least I can stay away from Versign for domains and SSL certificates.

According to the verisign site a 128-bit cert is $895.00 per year! I can get
a GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium cert for $109.00 per year. How many people
shopping online don't have a browser that supports certificates from
non-verisign vendors these days?

--
Stefan Schueller
Techdroid Systems