[Dshield] Verisign fighting back at ICANN

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Sun Oct 5 20:41:40 GMT 2003

> According to the verisign site a 128-bit cert is $895.00 per year! I can get
> a GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium cert for $109.00 per year. How many people
> shopping online don't have a browser that supports certificates from
> non-verisign vendors these days?

I am using Geotrust for all my domains (and SANS domains) for about two
years now. Not a single compliant about incompatibilities.

Another cheap SSL source is instantssl.com. They start at $50/year. I
used one of their for a semi-internal site and it worked ok. Haven't had
much experience otherwise.

Never used the Verisign payment gateway. But I agree that it can be a
pain to switch.

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com
         support at covad.net