[Dshield] Message posting formatting request

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Oct 6 19:30:52 GMT 2003

--On Wednesday, October 01, 2003 8:01 AM -0400 Alan Frayer
<afrayer at frayernet.com> wrote:

> I just finished a lengthy debate on top posting vs bottom posting, and
> the bottom posters won there, so I'm forming the habit of following
> suit.

Sales Tip: Don't use the term "bottom posting" but instead use "interleaved
posting". It presents a much more convincing reason why top posters might want
the alternative. To me, bottom posting is when you quote the 7-page message in
its entirety to add your 2 cents at the bottom, and it's not surprising that a
top poster would see that as undesirable.