[Dshield] Protection against spammer dictionary attacks

Al Reust areust at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 16:21:23 GMT 2003

Hello ronnin

The level of the message was sent to Administrators to help protect the
email server. While you did not say you were an Email User, I suspect that
is the case. In that case you have to do nothing, but hope your ISP employs
what was "described" or the same intent in some other fashion.

So these are settings applied to "Mail Servers," not mail clients (Outlook
etc.).

So if you would like a better idea stroll through Barnes and Noble or your
favorite book store and look for O'Reilly Sendmail and/or the Exchange
Administrators Guide. Please Do Not buy the Book's, You Do Not need them.
Peruse the pages for a few moments, look in the index in the back for MTA
(Message Transfer Agent) settings.

R/

Al