[Dshield] Are P2P applications worth the risk?

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Tue Oct 7 16:42:05 GMT 2003

Are P2P applications worth the risk?

"Peer-to-peer (P2P) applications are alive and kicking - on your network
that is. The problem is you probably do not want most of them on there.
P2P applications introduce more vulnerability and open up more entry
points to your network than many security managers ever thought
possible."

Noticed this article (excerpt above), by Kevin Beaver, CISSP & President
of Principle Logic, (Via searchSecurity.TechTarget.com / Security Tips &
Newsletters: Executive Security Briefing, 24 Sep 2003) that might
interest especially when containing further links to other sources (a
few referenced below as well) at:

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid14_gci929175,00.htm
l?track=NL-106

[Readers] Rating: 4.50 (out of 5)

For more information on this topic, please visit these resources:

News & Analysis: Securing your peer-to-peer networks, at:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci7
69396,00.html?MOTT=9.25

Featured Topic: Peer-to-peer security, at:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid14_gci769
387,00.html?MOTT=9.25

Best Web Links: P2P Networking, at:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid14_tax2849
42,00.html?MOTT=9.25

-Peter

                "I only know that I know nothing."
             Socrates (469-399 BC); Greek philosopher.