[Dshield] I need some quick (IPT) help

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Tue Oct 7 19:40:44 GMT 2003

> > Again, assuming that this is a logical approach, am I better off
> > with IP Tables or using something like Shorewall?

overlooked that point. As John pointed out, 'Shorewall' is iptables.
I haven't looked at shorewall. But 'smoothwall', a very similar system
is highly recommended for standard setups (2 or 3 network cards). It
takes a lot of the pain out of the setup, and is probably more secure as
it is easy to 'mess up' when writing your own rules from scratch.

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com
         support at covad.net