[Dshield] Microsoft suit could set precedent for bad software

David Sentelle David.Sentelle at cnbcbank.com
Tue Oct 7 20:55:47 GMT 2003

<RANT>So, Microsoft tells you in the EULA that the software's buggy and
could cause problems.  The tobacco industry for years and years has had
warnings on their products warning that their product can cause
problems.

Why does Microsoft get to keep their $50+ billion in cash on hand while
the tobacco industry has to pay out everything it ever earned as a down
payment just so they can stay in business and pay out even more later?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Microsoft owes EVERYONE a
working and secure OS. </RANT>

Sorry for my outburst.