[Dshield] Plaxo "service"

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Wed Oct 8 17:22:01 GMT 2003

Today I received an email from a colleague in my company. He
has started using Plaxo to keep his contacts up-to-date.
Plaxo is at http://www.plaxo.com for those that haven't seen
it.

Obviously, I'm vehemently opposed to this. Giving my internal
company contact information to a third party can only be
bad ... for me.

But I'm not writing here to complain about the service.

My question is, has anybody had an confirmed bad experience
with using this service? I did a google search, and found
many pages that indicate it *could* be used as a spam email
address collection service, but I have not found anything
that is fully exploiting it ... yet.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm
looking for ammunition that can be used to force IT to set a
policy on this sort of thing.

Thanks,
Keith.
"Life is like an analogy"