[Dshield] OT W2K/ME

Paul Marsh pmarsh at nmefdn.org
Wed Oct 8 18:08:27 GMT 2003

Sorry for the off topic question but I'm starting to think the problem
might have to do with leftovers from a viri or spyware.

So far I've seen two systems with the same following problem.

Every time the system boots My Documents opens in Explorer.
I've checked HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and
found nothing and RunOnce found nothing.
Nothing in Startup, ran msconfig and found nothing.
Prior to this problem both systems have had Norton 2003 installed and
full system scans done with up to date Defs.
Both systems were found to be infected with Backdoor.Coreflood
I've also run SpyBot and cleaned up a bunch of stuff.

I did read last night something about (I hope I gets this right)
DiDer.exe more spyware stuff that could have created a second
Explorer.exe but can't seam to find anything on the system that would
point to that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanx, Paul