[Dshield] Administrativa: server move

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Thu Oct 9 16:04:19 GMT 2003

We will be moving the DShield (and ISC) frontend to a different server
over the next few days. The exact schedule depends on how quickly the
new system will be ready. I am just finishing up testing, so it
shouldn't take that much longer.

The switch should be more or less transparent to everyone. However,
things happen. So please let me know if you see something odd.

As a result of this change, the front end and the database will be
hosted in the same NOC, not about 100 miles apart (as it is now).
Overall, this will make our network a bit easier to manage and hopefully
more robust.

A few minor changes I am going to perform during the move:
- the new server will run in GMT, removing some of the inconsistent time
issues.
- the mailing list software will be upgraded (just a minor version
upgrade)

--
SANS - Internet Storm Center
http://isc.sans.org