[Dshield] Blaster, or AOL strangeness...

warpmedia warpmedia at comcast.net
Fri Oct 10 18:40:57 GMT 2003

I'm a real paranoid, load task manager in the systray  automatically on
login and check it routinely if I even suspect the machine is doing
something unusual. More than once I've caught installed bit's of programs
I'd never agree to load. Not the malware kind, stubs like Quick time's BS,
quick access apps, Macrovision code, etc...

Another sign of trouble is constant or frequent HDD thrash on systems with
more than enough RAM.

At 20:48 10/8/2003, Doug White wrote:
>www.symantec.com has a program called fixblaster.exe  available for free
>download
>
>You might download that program from a different computer and then save it
>to a
>bootable floppy disk.
>
>then run that against your home computer

Joshua MacCraw
warpmedia at comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jmaccraw