[Dshield] anybody else seen this kind of "terror" messages?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Tue Oct 14 16:16:50 GMT 2003

Michel:

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:39:14AM -0400, Bruyere, Michel wrote:

>  Hi,
>  	I received a "normal" piece of spam (it follows)
> I sanitized it for getting it through the list.
>
>  ***
>  Hi I am running a small website, please come visit me and click on my
>  sponsors, this way I will be able to pay my ISP bills.
>  The site is here.
>  http://www.kievonline.org/
>  please be patient as the site is only 1 week old and we need money to pay
>  for it
>  we do have a nice forum though
>  http://www.kievonline.org/forum/
>  Thanks allot
>  ***

There is an ongoing thread on Full-Disclosure:

From: Steve Wray <steve.wray at foobar.net.nz>
To: full-disclosure at lists.netsys.com
Subject: [Full-Disclosure] Any news on www.kievonline.org site?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:11:17 +1300

/* snip */

There is no clear consensus as to what the sender/site owner is trying
to accomplish.

There is also some record begining to show up on Google:Groups:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=kievonline.org&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&sa=N&tab=wg

- John
--
"You are in a twisty maze of weblogs, all alike."
-