[Dshield] verified open relay

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Thu Oct 16 02:01:01 GMT 2003

Usually it means that the mail server you are using is being used as a spammers
open relay- possibly because it is mis-configured, or the machine is compromised
by one of the worms going around.

At any rate, since a lot of mail systems use the spamcop block list, it should
be a high priority to fix the mail server.

Featuring Win2003 Enterprise, RedHat Linux, CFMX 6.1 and all databases.
Suggested corporate Anti-virus policy: http://www.dshield.org/antivirus.pdf