[Dshield] MS Security patches

WMAVT@aol.com WMAVT at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 18:43:20 GMT 2003

Witch Messenger
Windows Messenger or messenger [Transmits net send and Alerter service
messages between clients and servers. This service is not related to Windows
Messenger. If this service is stopped, Alerter messages will not be transmitted. If
this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail
to start.]
Personally I uninstall Windows Messenger and Outlook Before allowing any
computer access to the Internet.
      May I suggest If you do not need it get rid of it, M$ will never fix
all. I truly believe they use them in ways we have not figured out YET!
      I also wonder why the last set of Fix's were so large 140 MB,?? Wonder
what we really got?
      Bill MacGregor             have fun all :)