[Dshield] Proxy attackers/hijackers

Thomas Willner thomaswillner at elitetraderz.com
Sat Oct 18 02:38:25 GMT 2003

Could you provide us with a location for downloading all the files
involved in this including the HTML source code of the site for
analyzing (We want to find out how and why this exploit still works with
patched IE - see details on this below)? I suspect they are using the IE
Exploit described in Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (822925).

It has been reported that the official Microsoft patch for this
vulnerability is not 100% effective in blocking exploitation. At this
time, there is no fully working solution except disabling ActiveX
controls and also disabling Active Scripting in IE.

Some links that may be of use in determining your exposure to this
vulnerability:

Technical Bulletin:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-032.asp
CERT Advisory: http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2003-22.html
End-User Bulletin:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-032.asp

This is a serious threat and this exploit could be used for ANY sort of
virus/malware/trojan attack including on patched IE.

It would be great to be able to analyze all the files and
HTML/JavaScript involved in order for finding a solution.

Thomas Willner
(Security Researcher)

Elitetraderz, Inc.
Phone: (56)-2-4530381