[Dshield] re: disabling messenger

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Sun Oct 19 03:00:23 GMT 2003

DCOM and messenger are disabled on all Windows servers, thank you.
The SQL database server uses unique ports and not the default ones.
Patches are up to date.
All unused services are disabled or even not installed in the first place.

What have I missed?

Featuring Win2003 Enterprise, RedHat Linux, CFMX 6.1 and all databases.
Suggested corporate Anti-virus policy: http://www.dshield.org/antivirus.pdf