[Dshield] Miscreant ports

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Sun Oct 19 16:43:09 GMT 2003

Greetings:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the ports that various viruses, worms, and Trojans listen?

Does anyone know of a program specifically for checking the ports commonly used by viruses, worms, and Trojans (something similar to the 'proxycheck' program for checking for open proxy servers)?

No, I am not interested in exploiting them -- I want to be able to find them and shut them down. Maybe even build a DNSBL of infected systems.

TIA for all help!

Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer
A.S.E.T., Inc.