[Dshield] Re: Remove MS Messenger

M Cook dshieldlists at versateam.com
Mon Oct 20 12:54:30 GMT 2003

Hey Tom --

This looks like it removes the instant messenger client, not the
Messenger Service which is the subject of recent discussions.

The instant messenger client has had some security problems in the past,
and some people aren't real happy to have it running whenever a M$
program thinks it should run -- but I don't think it is the same thing
as the subject of current discussions.

In any case, we should probably use a clearer nomenclature when talking
about the two: I like Messenger Service, and Messenger (or MSN
Messenger) IM Client.

If your batch file really does remove the Messenger Service, please let
us know.