[Dshield] RE: [Larholm/PivX] Proxy attackers/hijackers

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Oct 20 15:09:34 GMT 2003

And pretty lousy ones at that...

> So apparently PivX is willing to give Micro$oft a resounding
> "Atta Boy!" and be content with just parroting the Micro$oft
> party line mantra "Patch! Patch! Patch!"

Did you just crawl out from under a rock somewhere?  Have you been
stranded on an island in the ocean for the past five years?

Because if you haven't, you really ought to know that Thor is one of the
premier browser security researchers and he has maintained a website
listing the problems with IE and harped and harped and harped on MS for
not fixing the problems with their browser.  The fact that he is now
willing to say that the problems appear to be fixed is highly
significant.  Here is a guy who has been at the forefront of criticism
on MS and IE, and how he praises MS for actually having fixed the
problem and you want to accuse him of selling out?

Nice try.  Only a bozo would believe you.

> And of course, they'll have a product they'll be happy to
> sell you to keep you afloat between patches :-)
>
> Remember, Micro$oft users, if you get cracked, its all your
> fault because you don't keep up with the deluge of patches
> necessary to keep a Window$ system maginally safe!

Oh, I get it now.  Another list-cross-posting Unix bigot.  Why don't you
get honest and say that right up front?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas