[Dshield] Re: Re: [Larholm/PivX] Proxy attackers/hijackers

Nels Bels nelsbels at cableone.net
Mon Oct 20 17:00:11 GMT 2003

Make SP, Hotfix, etc CD's available for free at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, K-Mart,
Radio Shack for free. Bundle the discs with new computers, give them to ISPs
to distribute to customers, etc. (I think the the ISPs would be on this to
save money tracking down virus and Spam spewing home computers)

That would help at least a little bit. There has to be tons of people that
would patch but the time to download issue is prohibitive to most "general"
users.
That wouldn't help  all though.  We still would have folks that wouldn't
update, but it would help eliminate most.