[Dshield] distributing windows updates (was: Proxy attackers/hijackers)

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Tue Oct 21 03:14:21 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 13:00, Nels Bels wrote:
> Make SP, Hotfix, etc CD's available for free

yes. this is a very good point. Right now, it is not even legal for an
ISP (or anybody else for that matter) to distribute patches. MSFT is
just 'nice enough' not to sue people that do so.

I usually try to stay away from "real world" analogs. But the current
situation is comparable to a car company telling you that your car has
a serious problems with the breaks. To remedy this, they will have you
drive to a central storage depot across the state (ok. lucky RI folks)
and pick up a new set of breaks. You will also be given a flyer telling
you how to install them.

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com
         support at covad.net