[Dshield] Microsoft patches

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 17:23:16 GMT 2003

Ed,

agreed. With respect to the home market, here is a franchise operation
that started, if I understand correctly, in the Norfolk Va area. I
recently met an individual who had just purchased a couple of franchises
in the Northern Virginia area.

    http://www.geeksoncall.com/

They even now have a e-newsletter service for their customers on INFOSEC
related issues. I had suggested to him that they might find a ready
market in the SMB enterprise segment. I think the problem for the
residential market is that although people may be willing to spend $100
per hour for say emergency plumbing work, they balk at doing the same
for fixing their PC since such failures most of the time represent a
non-life threatening loss versus, say being without water.

.
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad