[Dshield] distributing windows updates (was: Proxy

Mark Tombaugh mtombaugh at alliedcc.com
Wed Oct 22 19:00:00 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 01:27 pm, John Holmblad wrote:
> If anyone on this list knows of a convenient tool that  runs under
> Microsoft Windows that would work provide a similar RDP capability for
> Linux, I would appreciate knowing how to get it.

What about VNC?
<http://www.realvnc.com/download.html>
or ssh -X from another system with x-windows..
Personally, I don't see a need for an RDP substitute on Linux. Having to
obtain a remote desktop just to perform routine administration is awful IMO.

So, according to this EULA:
"you may not use the Product to permit any Device to run other executable
software residing on the Workstation Computer"
 So you cant run any server on XP? Would using a third party patch management
system also be illegal, or even a remote MMC snap-in?

Its gotta hurt when you violate your OS vendor's EULA by getting infected with
a trojan..

--
Mark Tombaugh <mtombaugh at alliedcc.com>
Allied Computer Corporation <http://www.alliedcc.com>