[Dshield] Slightly OT: GMT

George Capehart capegeo at opengroup.org
Thu Oct 23 22:32:57 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 01:21 pm, Jon R. Kibler wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> We operate servers in several different time zones. To lessen the
> confusion about 'what time is it on system x?', we are considering
> changing everything that is not an end-user workstation (servers,
> routers, etc.) to use GMT -- just set the local time zone to "GMT."

<snip>

> Will it create other problems?

It could if you're doing anything with a time-stamped audit trail . . .

Cheers,
--
George Capehart

capegeo at opengroup dot org

PGP Key ID: 0x63F0F642 available on most public key servers

"It is always possible to agglutenate multiple separate problems into a
 single complex interdependent solution.  In most cases this is a bad
 idea."  -- RFC 1925