[Dshield] More on Windows Messenger from Yesterday's Dartmouth Daily Feed

Al Reust areust at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 14:35:24 GMT 2003

IF You have AOL you should be very afraid! What that publicly states is a
client program has the ability to make live registry changes without the
users consent.

This would also imply that they can install any software they desire at
anytime. Through active manipulation, mine the registry for install
software and identity items. They have also demonstrated that they can turn
of Software. What is that software is your Firewall?

Al