[Dshield] Administrativa: Off-Topic Posts

WMAVT@aol.com WMAVT at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 15:39:40 GMT 2003

Hi,
    My Post on AOL had "NEW" info that was directed at Security, My reply was
intended to let everyone running winXp that they could run [use] AOL 5.0 on
winXp, %.o is the least invasive, and Does not use AOL's Wan Mini Port, witch
AOL uses to Track people. AOL version also cannot turn off "Messenger"as
versions 7, 8 and 9 can and will.
I have beta tested for AOL starting with version 3.5.
   I now see that a made a mistake and assumed that most people would know
this. Sorry for the missing info that would have let everyone know Why I spent
so much time getting AOL 5.0 to work on winXP. If you remember AOL was blocking
6.0 because they could not control or track people as they wanted. They were
taken to court and LOST!
   The AOL mail issue is a security info tool. I have never allowed "Outlook"
or MS Messenger on any of my computers for one very good reason, 98% of all
virus,trojans,etc are written for those programs. Hotmail is just as bad!
   To learn how to stop hacking and cracking, many years ago I was forced to
learn how to, what programs and tools the script kiddies were using. It is not
hard to get into that crowd. All of them were going after MS programs,
Outlook, MSN Messenger and WORKS back then.
   Again, sorry I assumed that more people would know this.
                       Have fun Be good
                                              Bill