[Dshield] SANS PPV Webcast

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Mon Oct 27 16:33:13 GMT 2003

The SANS Institute, sponsor of DShield, is trying a
new concept. This Friday, we will have a first
"Pay Per View" webcast. The topic of the webcast is:

Configuring and Deploying HoneyD

the speaker is Lance Spitzner.

"HoneyD" is a simple (and free) honey pot. While it is just
a simple simulation of a full machine, it is very easy to
maintain (unlike setting up a complete system) and has helped
us a lot investigating incidents related to DShield in the
past.

One hope is that we get a few more people to install it to help
us gaining more insight into particular events.

To sign up, and for details, see:
https://store.sans.org/store_item.php?item=105

These webcasts will be used to offer SANS courses about
special topics to a wider viewer ship then can be reached
at a conference. The cost per webcast is $25 (about 1% of
a SANS course ;-) ).

(even if you can't make it at the specific time, the
purchase will include access to an archive)

--
SANS - Internet Storm Center
http://isc.sans.org