[Dshield] Paypal fraud revisited: a question

John Dalton dubuque_1 at msn.com
Tue Oct 28 13:50:32 GMT 2003

I have noticed this on many of the fraud type emails I get. I do not
initially view the emails as HTML, so I see this in the attached email when
I first view:
Yes I will send a copy to Paypals fraud department.

<Start copy>
smash barricades in 1832 PpW What's the difference? How old? in 1937 O.K.
great. xBMzmqK gWaPfnlLONb NP

You'd better not.. in 1806 Can you tell me? 424 I can't 2 not on your side
536 I am on a How much is that?

Just tonight You'd better not.. in 2000 Heat crisis in Mau I ask It's funny
jVp what's the matter in 1893 FINE. be sure where do you live? in 2005
<End copy>

However if I go to forward the email I see this, (I believe I have it set as
being able to send html email)

The text above appears at the end but appears to be invisible, and if try to
type after this paste in I can not see my typing. I am attaching the
original as a example as well. This seems to be another unique way to avoid
spam filters maybe.
I find it interesting  that many of the spams I get lately look like garbage
when I view as text, but if I go to forward and it sets to html, then
suddenly I see another whole different email. Can anyone point me to a
resource where this technique is discussed .

Thanks,
 John

I don't know ho this will show in viewers email but will try, it appears the
body of the message is a GIF, however that GIF has a clickable url in.

Here is what I see