[Dshield] Random source port from my network to port 80 on target network

Louis Hablas Lou.Hablas at rzim.org
Thu Oct 30 15:21:48 GMT 2003

Exhibit A:

2003-10-23   20:49:13   external ip   65186   207.046.197.059   80   6
2003-10-23   20:49:48   external ip   65243   207.046.197.059   80   6

Hello:

I've noticed a few Dshield entries like these lately and am trying to
understand what I'm seeing.  In this case, the destination IP address is
Microsoft, so I feel certain the entry relates to Automatic Updates or some
other report back to the Mother Ship, but I'd appreciate any more
insight/feedback from the list.

Thanks in advance.

Lou

Lou Hablas
Systems Manager
Ravi Zacharias International Ministries

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.