[Dshield] One More Nitwit's IPTable Question :-(

David C. Hart DavidHart at TQMcube.com
Thu Oct 30 22:24:03 GMT 2003

I tracked down that spurious Hotmail traffic to timeouts on bounced mail
going back to MSN which is not on the FreeMail list.

Am I to assume that those using IPTables to report data to DShield are
reporting their LAN interface IP as the destination IP (in contrast to
the host IP)? If not, I'll need to revisit my drawing board this
weekend.

If so, does that compromise "FightBack" initiatives?

Thanks.