[Dshield] One More Nitwit's IPTable Question :-(

David C. Hart DavidHart at TQMcube.com
Fri Oct 31 01:04:32 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 18:06, Johannes Ullrich wrote:

> (*) We do accept reports if your 'TARGET' is in a reserved
>     network.
>
> Many firewalls, in particular IPTables with NAT, will report the
> internal 'reserved' IP as target, not the external public IP.
> Some of our clients can be configured to 'undo' this. However,
> reports with reserved targets are perfectly fine.

That's the answer that I was hoping for. I was going through all these
tortured processes trying to alter the target to the external IP.

Thanks. Time to learn some Pearl and solve these problems more
elegantly.